SINCE SPIRIT YACHTS WAS FOUNDED IN 1993 OUR MISSION HAS BEEN SIMPLE:
To create timelessly beautiful yachts that deliver on sailing performance and their owner’s brief, while ensuring the lowest possible impact on the environment.
Spirit Yachts is committed to minimising the environmental impact of its operations and strives to apply environmental best practices in all that it does.
Utilising the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals as a foundation, Spirit approaches its environmental policy by continually looking at how it operates as a company using the People-Planet-Purpose pillars (see below).
Spirit Yachts recognises the importance of environmental protection and will comply with all environmental legislation, regulations and appropriate codes of practice relating to the processes and activities of the company.
It is the company’s objective to cooperate and maintain good relations with all regulatory authorities and minimise our impact on the environment.
- Education, training and announcements on the latest environmental policy changes and/or initiatives
- Feedback opportunities to generate new processes to reduce waste and improve carbon footprint
- Communicate regularly to all stakeholders regarding environmental performance, objectives and challenges
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment for physical and mental wellbeing of staff
- Support and create a culture of equality, diversity and inclusion within the workplace
- Comply with all relevant environmental legislation and regulations;
- Use recyclable and renewable materials in place of single-use products where possible
- Where possible limit the noise in and around the site
- Strive towards continual improvement in environmental performance incorporating suitable measurement and monitoring mechanisms
- Improve resource efficiency (including our use of water, energy and raw materials)
- Review waste disposal to adhere to best practice and ensure items are being reused, recycled, and repurposed wherever possible. Current example initiatives include:
- Engagement with local charities to donate excess/unusable materials
- Using local food sharing services
- Work with supply chain partners to encourage environmental best practice and ensure responsible sourcing of materials
- Analyse the carbon footprint of a new yacht or a refit project during its build, operation, and eventual end of life. Work with the yacht owner to incorporate processes, materials, and technology, which reduce the environmental impact of every vessel wherever possible
- Commitment to continual research and testing of new materials, technologies, and processes throughout a yacht’s construction, adopting successful products wherever relevant to reduce the overall carbon footprint of a yacht
Spirit Yachts’ environmental policy and initiatives within the business are continually evolving as it adapts to new products, processes, and technologies. They are not limited to the items listed on this page. Spirit pledges to keep this policy up to date and build on its commitment to environmental concerns and challenges.